For more than 25 years, Trinity Consultants has assisted facilities in the semiconductor industry with regulatory compliance and environmental management. Trinity takes pride in understanding not only the regulatory requirements affecting our clients’ facilities, but also in understanding their industry and processes, the challenges that may be unique to that industry, and that time-to-market and wafer cost are important to the semiconductor industry. Our consultants enhance their knowledge of the semiconductor industry through our work with recent and ongoing projects. We have over 80 semiconductor clients and have completed nearly 300 projects for semiconductor facilities, giving Trinity the expertise to assist your facility with its environmental compliance needs.
Regulatory Round Up
Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) Reporting is due July 2015 for reporting year 2014. EPA expects complete, detailed threshold determinations to show whether reporting is needed for all non-exempt activities for TRI chemicals at a wafer fab facility. Process byproducts need to be determined. For example (1) hydrogen fluoride from fluorinated greenhouse gases used in chemical vapor deposition (CVD) chamber cleans and plasma etch processes; (2) fluorine from use of nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) in CVD remote plasma chamber cleans; and (3) ozone made in ozone generators from oxygen. Another important threshold determination is for sulfuric acid aerosols and hydrochloric acid aerosols. These aerosols can be generated from spraying these acids in spray processes, wet scrubbers, and evaporation from use of these acids.
- Trinity has supported dozens of fab-wide exhaust management and point-of-use (POU) abatement device strategies.
- Trinity has assisted in completing numerous Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reports for semiconductor operations.
- Trinity has worked on several major and minor source air permit applications for semiconductor operations.
- Trinity has assisted with establishing plant-wide emission caps for criteria pollutants, hazardous air pollutants, greenhouse gases, and fluoride emissions.
- Trinity has provided annual air emissions reporting and hazardous waste annual reporting services.
- Trinity has supported facilities in the development of emissions calculations and reports for the annual GHG emissions inventory required per EPA’s Mandatory GHG Reporting Rule, California AB32, and Oregon GHG reporting.
- Trinity has assisted with the development of Risk Management Plans (RMPs) and Process Management Safety (PSM) plans for semiconductor operations.
- Trinity has performed environmental audits, including the development of compliance notebooks for air permits and hazardous and universal waste management.
- Trinity has overseen numerous engineering and compliance testing programs including EPA Methods 1 through 4, 7, 10, 13A/13B, 18, 25A, 26/26A, and 320, ISMI Environmental Characterization Guidelines, and EPA POU abatement GHG DRE testing.