On November 2, 2016, the Maricopa County Air Quality Department (MCAQD) adopted amendments to MCAQD Rule 336: Surface Coating Operations. MCAQD Rule 336 regulates volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions from surface coating operations that are not regulated by another source-specific Maricopa County rule. Amendments to MCAQD Rule 336 include:
- Addition of several definitions of different types of coatings listed in the EPA Control Technique Guidelines (CTGs);
- Incorporation of the overall emission control system (ECS) control efficiency recommended in the CTG of 90%;
- Addition of new work practices as listed in the CTG;
- Deletion of Military Exemption; and
- Various corrections and updates to typographical errors, grammar and format of MCAQD Rule 336.
These amendments were adopted in order to be consistent with reasonably available control technology (RACT) requirements as listed in the CTG. The notice of final rulemaking for amendments to MCAQD Rule 336 as well as the "underline/strikeout" version of the rule can be downloaded at the following link.