The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently updated the Compliance and Emissions Data Reporting Interface (CEDRI) to incorporate several New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) reporting requirements. The March 2020 updates enable the submittal of the following reports in CEDRI. Please note, for states with delegated authority, Trinity recommends submitting a copy of the CEDRI report to the state agency since there may be delays for state agencies to access reports submitted via CEDRI:
- New Periodic Reports (added April 3, 2020):
- Site Remediation (63, subpart GGGGG): 63.7951(f) Semi-Annual Compliance Report
- Cellulose Products Manufacturing (63, subpart UUUU): 63.5580 (g) Semi-Annual Compliance Report
- Updated Periodic Reports (added April 3, 2020):
- Stationary Compression Ignition Internal Combustion Engines (60, subpart IIII): 60.4214(d)(3) Annual Report (Spreadsheet Template Option)
- Stationary Spark Ignition Internal Combustion Engines (60, subpart JJJJ): 60.4245(e)(3) Annual Report (Spreadsheet Template Option)
- Stationary Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (63, subpart ZZZZ): 63.6650(h)(3) Annual Report (Spreadsheet Template Option)
- Surface Coating of Large Appliances (63, subpart NNNN): 63.4121(c) Semiannual Compliance Report (Spreadsheet Template)
- Printing, Coating, and Dyeing of Fabrics and Other Textiles (63, subpart OOOO): 63.4311(a) Semiannual Compliance Report (Spreadsheet Template)
- Surface Coating of Metal Furniture (63, subpart RRRR): 63.4921(c) Semiannual Compliance Report (Spreadsheet Template)
- Performance Test Reports (added March 31, 2020):
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works (63, subpart VVV): 63.1590(c)(1) Results of the Performance Test
- Boat Manufacturing (63 subpart VVVV): 63.5765(a)(1) Results of the Performance Test, 63.5765(b)(1) Results of the Performance Evaluation
- Reinforced Plastics and Composites Production (63, subpart WWWW): 63.5912(b)(1) Results of the Performance Evaluation
- Performance Test Reports and Notification Reports (added March 27, 2020):
- Solvent Extraction for Vegetable Oil Production (63 subpart GGGG): 63.2861(f)(1) Results of the Performance Test Report
- Paper and Other Web Coatings (63 subpart JJJJ): 63.3400(h) Initial Notification, 63.3400(h) Notification of Compliance Status, 63.3400(f)(1) Results of the Performance Test Report, 63.3400(g)(1) Performance Evaluations of CMS Report
- Hydrochloric Acid Production (63 subpart NNNNN): 63.9050(g)(1) Results of the Performance Test Report, 63.9050(h)(1) Performance Evaluations of CMS Report
Additionally, EPA posted job aides to assist facilities in navigating CEDRI.
CEDRI is an online reporting tool within EPA's CDX application that is used to electronically submit performance test reports, notification reports, periodic reports, and information collection requests required by 40 CFR 60, 62, and 63. Additional information regarding these four reports are detailed on EPA's website and below:
- Performance Test Reports - The Electronic Reporting Tool (ERT), built in Microsoft Access, is used to generate files containing emissions source test data. Facilities upload these files to CDX using CEDRI.
- Notification Reports - A Notification Report or Notification of Compliance Status (NOCS) are reports typically submitted by a regulated facility that notifies the designated authority that the facility has achieved compliance with an applicable regulation. (Note: In CEDRI most Notification Reports will be uploaded in PDF form.)
- Periodic Reports - Reports submitted by the facility that may demonstrate initial compliance or that demonstrate the facility has maintained continuous compliance with an applicable regulation over the reporting period (e.g., 6 months). These reports will be identified by the report names found in each specific rule; examples include: Compliance Report, Summary Report, Annual Report, and Excess Emissions Report. User's may have one or more formats to complete and submit a given periodic report. These options may include one or more of the following formats:
- XML Schema - Users can use the schema to prepare an XML file to create a periodic report form.
- Spreadsheet template upload - Users can fill out an Excel template that includes all of the data elements for a given periodic report (single facility or bulk upload for multiple facilities).
- Fillable web form - Users can fill out a web form; Excel template(s) are available to upload data into tables found within an existing periodic report form.
- Information Collection Requests - EPA issues an Information Collection Request (ICR) to gather information that will help the agency review of rules. The ICR seeks specific information including emission inventories, compliance demonstrations, process changes, equipment configurations and information about control technologies/practices adopted since the application of maximum achievable control technology (MACT).
If you have questions about any NSPS or NESHAP reporting requirements, please contact Trinity at (800) 229-6655.