Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) is proposing amendments and additions to BAAQMD Regulation 6, Particulate Matter. The proposed revisions would affect various facilities, and commercial and industrial operations. The proposed Rule language can be found here.
The main proposed amendments and additions for Regulation 6 include the following:
- Clarification of exemptions for operations, including salt and sugar manufacturing
- New definitions and test methods
- Prohibition of dirt track-out and visible emissions
- Low-fuming roofing asphalt requirements (effective starting January 1, 2018)
- Limitations to bulk material storage and handling
BAAQMD is accepting public comments electronically on the proposed changes to Regulation 6 until March 30, 2017. The BAAQMD Board of Directors anticipate a proposed final draft will be ready for approval in Summer 2017. For any additional questions, please contact Divya Agarwal.