The South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) is proposing to amend Rule 1309 Emissions Reduction Credits and Short Term Credits. A public consultation meeting is scheduled for July 5, 2013 at AQMD headquarters to solicit information and suggestions from the public.
The purpose of the proposed amendment is to allow the re-issuance of unused emission reduction credits (ERC's) and short term emission reduction credits (STERC's), which qualify with certain provisions. The proposed amendment will allow for the re-issuance of ERC's and STERC's that were submitted, but never used for the specified project, as long as the following conditions are met:
- None of the previously issued offsets have been used
- The proper application for re-issuance of the ERC's or STERC's is submitted to and approved by the District
- The Permit to Construct (PTC) is still valid and is presented to the District
- Construction for the project has not started
- The request for re-issuance is submitted within two years of the issuance of the PTC
For more details, the Notice of Public Workshop can be found on the SCAQMD website here.