IDNR held their semiannual Air Quality Client Contact meeting on November 21, 2019. IDNR also held a meeting to discuss the status of the Iowa EASY-Air system which is set to launch on December 4, 2019. The presentation can be found on the Iowa EASY-Air webpage.
- IDNR is expecting a number of staff departures from the Air Bureau, primarily from the Title V group.
- IDNR is updating their general permit application paper forms to mirror what will be requested in EASY-Air for the general permits for aggregate processing, concrete batch plants, hot mix asphalt plants, bulk gasoline plants, and Group 2 grain elevators. Facilities can use forms or EASY-Air to request coverage under the general permit. IDNR prefers receiving the EASY-Air form for any new general permits.
- IDNR is working to identify sources that may be subject to Regional Haze Round 2 reviews. The Agency will notify facilities that will be included in this review.
- IDNR will send emails next week on EASY-Air training schedule for December 12, 2019.
- After EASY-Air is live, IDNR will start charging a data entry fee for paper applications submitted after January 1, 2020 for Title V and major construction permit invoices. For any forms submitted in paper after Jan 1, IDNR will transfer the data from the paper forms to EASY-Air before the application will be assigned to an engineer, resulting in delays in application processing.
- Next air client quality contact meeting is scheduled for May 21, 2020 at the Wallace Building.
If you have further questions about some of the meeting updates and their impact on your facility, please please contact Trinity's Burlington office at (319) 576-7900 or Des Moines office at (515) 225-4303.