The changes to the fee schedule proposed by Nevada Division of Environmental Protection's (NDEP's) Air Program were approved by both the State Environmental Commission and the Legislative Commission. The most significant changes and effective dates are as follows:
- Elimination of annual emission fees for Class I sources, effective January 1, 2020
- Implementation of new annual maintenance fee schedule with three-year phase-in:
- Phase 1, effective January 1, 2020
- Phase 2, effective January 1, 2021
- Phase 3, effective January 1, 2022
- Initiation of the administrative operating permit renewal application option for Class I and Class II sources, effective January 1, 2020
- Implementation of fees for an administrative operating permit renewal, effective January 1, 2020
- Implementation of new fees for permit applications, other than for an administrative renewal, effective July 1, 2020
The application form for an administrative operating permit renewal, the associated frequently asked questions, and the completeness checklist can be found on NDEP's website under “Resources for All Sources”. The fee for an administrative permit renewal application is $5,000 for Class I sources and $2,000 for Class II sources.
More information regarding the changes to the fee schedule is contained within the fact sheets posted on NDEP's website. For questions or assistance preparing air permit applications, please contact Trinity Consultants at (916) 444-6666.