Many facilities are required to update their ESDM reports each year by March 31st, using updated guidance from procedural documents and technical bulletins occasionally published by the Ministry of Environmental and Climate Change.
On March 8th, 2017 notices on decisions related to guidance on the Local Air Quality Regulations were published by the MOECC.
The following documents were added/modified:
- Combined Assessment of Modelled and Monitored Results as an Emission Rate Refinement Tool
- Management Approaches for Industrial Fugitive Dust Sources
- Methodology for Using "Assessment Values" for Contaminants with Annual Air Standards
- Methodology for Modelling Assessments of Contaminants with 10 minute Average Standards
- Guidelines for Odour under O. Reg. 419/05
- Technical Methods or Opacity under O. Reg. 419/05
- Procedure for Preparing an Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Report"
- The Air Contaminants Benchmarks (ACB) List: Standards, guidelines and screening levels for assessing point of impingement concentrations of air contaminants" (January 2017)
- Modelling Open Flares under O. Reg. 416/05 (July 2016)
On March 24th, the MOECC sent a letter to stakeholders stating that ESDM reports that must be updated annually as per the facility's Environmental Compline approval or O.Reg 419, must follow the new guideline published on March 8th.
The MOECC has granted an extension until July 1st, 2017 to complete the ESDM updates for the 2016 calendar year.
For more information please contact Suzy Sabanathan at Trinity Consultants at (416) 391-2527 X-22, or via email.