On March 1st, 2019, the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) released the Cleaner Air Oregon (CAO) prioritization results, which identified facilities in Oregon that will likely be called into the program during the first 12 months (Group 1 Facilities) and facilities that may be called into the program in 2-3 years (Group 2 Facilities). As part of identifying the Group 1 facilities, Oregon DEQ identified six facilities, two from each Oregon DEQ region, that were called into the program effective immediately. For a complete list of the Group 1 and 2 facilities, please click here.
Upon being called into the program, the CAO program requires the following timelines for submittal requirements:
- Emission Inventory due 90 days after DEQ Notice date;
- Modeling Protocol is due 30 days after DEQs approval of Emission Inventory (required for all levels of review);
- Level 1 or Level 2 Risk Assessment is due 60 days after receiving DEQ approval of Modeling Protocol;
- Level 3 or Level 4 Work Plan is due 60 days after receiving DEQ approval of the Emissions Inventory;
- Level 3 Risk Assessment is due 120 days after receiving DEQ approval of the Level 3 Work Plan; and
- Level 4 Risk Assessment is due 150 days after receiving DEQ approval of the Level 4 Work Plan.
To review all current information on the program, including the finalized rules, detailed flowcharts and key agency contacts, please use this link to Oregon DEQ's website. For facilities that were not listed in Group 1, Trinity recommends that the items listed above be evaluated to stay ahead of timelines for when the facility is called into the program or if the facility is planning a large modification, at which point Oregon DEQ may request information demonstrating compliance with CAO requirements.
If you would like assistance on any of the items listed above or have any questions on CAO requirements, please contact Trinity's Portland office at (503) 906-7833 or email Jesse Gonzalez at email@example.com or Beth Ryder at firstname.lastname@example.org.