If TCEQ recently published proposed changes to public notice rules for initial and amendment application under the New Source Review (NSR) program (30 TAC Chapters 116, Subchapters B or G).
The proposed rulemaking includes the potential for one consolidated public notice comment period instead of two for initial and amendment NSR applications, if the following occurs within 15 days of receipt of the application:
- TCEQ determines that the application is administratively complete;
- TCEQ determines that the application is technically complete; and
- TCEQ executive director prepares a draft permit.
The following aspects of Public Notice will remain the same as part of the proposed rules:
- Comment period remains 30 days; and
- Public can submit comments, request a public meeting, and request a contested case hearing during the comment period
TCEQ is accepting comments electronically until January 3, 2018. In addition, TCEQ will hold a public hearing in Austin on January 3, 2018 on the proposed rules.
More information is located on the TCEQ's website, including the executive summary of the proposed rule, which can be found here.
Trinity is available to assist in permitting strategy and preparing/submittal of NSR applications. To reach the Trinity office nearest you call (800) 229-6655.