The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) recently provided new information regarding the transition of the Texas Tier II Reporting Program to an online web-based reporting system. Please note the following dates and updates to the reporting process:
- Beginning January 1, 2018, Tier II chemical inventory reports must be submitted using the new online system;
- Reports submitted with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) Tier2Submit software will not be accepted beginning with the 2017 Tier II Annual Reporting Period (January 1 – March 1, 2018);
- All Tier II chemical inventory reports must contain a Customer Number (CN), a Regulated Entity Number (RN), and a TXT2 number for submission;
- Sites that have not been assigned a CN, RN, and/or TXT2 number are encouraged to apply for them as soon as possible using the TCEQ's State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System (STEERS);
- The TCEQ is migrating all current 2016 Tier II chemical inventory reports into the new online system, and sites that do not have the necessary CN, RN, and TXT2 number will be required to re-enter information into the new online system for the current 2016 Tier II chemical inventory report; and
- TCEQ will begin offering training classes for the new online system in October 2017.
If you need assistance acquiring a CN, RN and/or TXT2 number using STEERS, please contact your local Trinity Consultants office.