The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) has proposed to revise and reissue three General Virginia Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (VPDES) permits. The proposed language was published in the October 29, 2018 Virginia Register of Regulations. The following three general permits are to be reissued:
- General VPDES Permit for Nonmetallic Mineral Mining (9VAC25-190)
- General VPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Industrial Activity (9VAC25-151)
- General VPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities (9VAC25-880)
The public comment period for the proposed permits ended December 28, 2018. The comments are currently under review, and the draft permits are being revised as necessary. The final draft permits will be proposed to the State Water Control Board at its Spring 2019 meeting (date TBD).
Sites with active permit coverage in these three General VPDES permit types have permit expiration dates of June 30, 2019. Even though the final permit language isn't ready yet, sites must reapply by submitting a new 2019 registration statement no later than May 1, 2019. Links to the 2019 registration statements are provided below.
- General VPDES Permit for Nonmetallic Mineral Mining
- General VPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater Associated with Industrial Activity
- General VPDES Permit for Discharges of Stormwater from Construction Activities
Trinity Consultants' staff are experienced in helping clients comply with their water permitting and compliance requirements. Please contact Trinity's Roanoke, Virginia office at (540)342-5945 for further information or assistance in completing the 2019 registrations.