On October 18, 2018, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality posted a revised Procedures Manual for Environmental Impact Review [EIR] of Major State Facilities (October 2018). The previous version of the manual was dated July 2013. Changes include:
- Explicit checklists have been moved from the narrative to the appendix;
- Government agency acronyms have been added to the definition list;
- Additional detail about what projects are required to get an EIR;
- Confirmation that EIRs are valid within 1 year of planned project implementation;
- Additional online database resources (Appendix P); and,
- Removal of the 30-day notice of intent requirement.