Trinity Consulting Services: Photochemical Grid Modeling
Trinity provides comprehensive modeling support for both Photochemical Grid Modeling (PGM) and regional air quality studies to organizations in the U.S. and internationally. The expertise of our modeling team includes:
- Photochemical grid modeling: Comprehensive Air Quality Model with extensions (CAMx) and Community Multiscale Air Quality (CMAQ) modeling system
- Emissions processing: Emission Preprocessing System, version 3 (EPS3), Motor Vehicle Emission Simulator (MOVES), Sparse Matrix Operator Kernel Emissions (SMOKE), and Model of Emissions of Gases and Aerosols from Nature (MEGAN)
- Meteorological data processing: Weather Research & Forecast (WRF) and 5th Generation Mesoscale Model (MM5) including post-processing through EPA's Mesoscale Model Interface (MMIF)
- Post Processing and data visualization: Modeled Attainment Test Software (MATS), Visualization Environment for Rich Data Interpretation (VERDI), and ArcGIS
- Data analysis: Statistical data analysis, Hybrid Single Particle Lagrangian Integrated Trajectory Model (HYSPLIT), wind rose, and pollution rose
What is Photochemical Grid Modeling?
Photochemical grid modeling is the most effective way to run experiments that test different strategies for controlling air pollution on a regional scale or for photochemically reactive pollutants. Different models are used to simulate and predict pollutant concentrations within various control scenarios.
Who Needs Photochemical Grid Modeling Services?
PGM services can benefit facilities in various industries. If your facility emits a photochemically reactive pollutant, such as a precursor to ozone or fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and is being considered in control strategies to reduce ambient concentrations, PGM may be required for this assessment. PGM is also being increasingly used in regional haze assessments that are required by the Clean Air Act to provide for continuing visibility and air quality improvements in National Parks and other protected Class I areas.
Trinity Can Help - Contact Us Today
Our experience is multi-faceted and extensive. Our strategies are innovative, time saving, and cost-effective. Our staff and tools are second to none, embodying our company's principle in every way to provide environmental solutions delivered uncommonly well. Contact us online or via phone at (800) 229-6655 for a consult with one of our local modeling experts.